- Using a Visa or MasterCard gift card is a slightly different process, because they are treated as credit cards. You will have to register your gift card and provide your name and address with the bank or institution that issued it before you can use it to make purchases at the iTunes store.
- 1 Can I use a prepaid Visa gift card on iTunes?
- 2 Why can’t I use a Visa gift card on iTunes?
- 3 Can I use a Visa gift card on the Apple App Store?
- 4 How do I add money to my Apple ID with a Visa gift card?
- 5 How do I activate my Visa Gift Card?
- 6 How do you use a Visa gift card online?
- 7 Why is my Visa gift card being declined?
- 8 Does Apple accept Vanilla gift cards?
- 9 How many gift cards can you use on Apple?
- 10 Can I add a Visa gift card to Apple wallet?
- 11 How do I add a Visa card to my iPhone?
- 12 Is Apple gift card same as iTunes?
- 13 How do I put money on iTunes without a gift card?
- 14 Can I create Apple ID without credit card?
Can I use a prepaid Visa gift card on iTunes?
This may be based on the accepted payment methods in your specific country, as this Apple resource explains, but you could use these pre-paid Visa gift cards to purchase App Store & iTunes Gift Cards which you can redeem on your account as your payment method.
Why can’t I use a Visa gift card on iTunes?
Answer: A: Answer: A: Prepaid cards tend not to be accepted by iTunes as part of the validation is that they need to be registered to the same name and address as on your iTunes account.
Can I use a Visa gift card on the Apple App Store?
Question: Q: Visa Gift Card used in app store Answer: A: Normally you can. If necessary, contact iTunes Support.
How do I add money to my Apple ID with a Visa gift card?
How to add money to Apple Cash
- Go to your card info: iPhone: Open the Wallet app, tap your Apple Cash card, then tap.
- Tap Add Money.
- Enter an amount. The minimum is $10.
- Tap Add, then confirm the U.S. debit or prepaid card 2 that you want to use to add money.
- Confirm with Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode.
How do I activate my Visa Gift Card?
You can activate your card by calling the phone number printed on it, or by going online and entering the card’s information. Once activated, you can register your card if you’d like to use it for online purchases.
How do you use a Visa gift card online?
How do I use my Visa Gift Card online? You can use your card for online purchases by entering the card number, expiry date and the 3 digit code (CVV) found on the back of the card. Occasionally websites will ask for the name on the card, in these instances simply insert “ Gift Card ” in the field provided.
Why is my Visa gift card being declined?
Visa gift cards are linked to bank accounts that generally must be activated in order to receive transactions. Inactive cards will be declined if used for payment because the associated bank accounts are not ready to be used. When the gift card is loaded with value (purchased), the gift card is automatically activated.
Does Apple accept Vanilla gift cards?
You need a card that requires that you register it on the cards website so it has your name, address and phone number on record. They do this so that prepaid cards appear valid and will work on such sites as Apple. Vanilla Visa worked at one time and then Apple became more strict on what cards they accept.
How many gift cards can you use on Apple?
You can use up to eight Apple Store Gift Cards at the Apple Online Store or if placing an order over the phone at 1-800-MY-APPLE. You can combine your Apple Store Gift Card(s) with one credit card to pay for your purchase. Simply enter or provide the PIN.
Can I add a Visa gift card to Apple wallet?
Prepaid cards are not supported. Apple Pay will work with most of our consumer and small business cards including Wells Fargo Visa ® credit cards, Debit Cards, and prepaid cards ”
How do I add a Visa card to my iPhone?
Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay. Tap Add Card. Follow the steps to add a new card. If you’re asked to add the card that you use with your Apple ID, cards on other devices, or cards that you’ve recently removed, choose them, then enter the card security codes.
Is Apple gift card same as iTunes?
Apple Gift Cards are solely for the purchase of goods and services from the Apple Store, the Apple Store app, apple.com, the App Store, iTunes, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Books, and other Apple properties.
How do I put money on iTunes without a gift card?
Is there a way to put money on your iTunes account without need of a gift card? You can use a credit card. Or, add iTunes pass to your Wallet on your iPhone. Then, you can go to an Apple Store and add credit with cash.
Can I create Apple ID without credit card?
The short answer is no. Apple does not require credit card information to create an Apple ID. Free content can be downloaded without a billing method. Check here for complete instructions on how to open an Apple ID account with no credit card.