- The 309 Visa is the first step of a two-part procedure to get permanent residence in Australia: the second step is to obtain permanent residency in another country.
- The Subclass 309 Visa is only valid for a short period of time, allowing you to go to Australia and wait around two years before being eligible for permanent residency.
- You will acquire a Subclass 100 Visa once your 309 Visa expires, and you will keep it indefinitely.
This visa allows the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen to remain in Australia for a period of up to 12 months. Obtaining this visa is the first step on the road to obtaining a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).
- 1 What is a 309 partner (provisional) visa?
- 2 What is the difference between 309 visa and subclass 100 visa?
- 3 Can I bring my partner to Australia on a 309 visa?
- 4 Is 309 a temporary visa?
- 5 How long is 309 visa valid for?
- 6 What is the difference between visa 820 and 309?
- 7 How long does a 309 visa take?
- 8 Can a 309 visa get Medicare?
- 9 Can I get Centrelink on 309 visa?
- 10 Can 309 visa be Cancelled?
- 11 Can I enter Australia on a 309 visa?
- 12 What is the difference between visa 300 and 309?
- 13 Is visa 100 permanent residency?
- 14 How long is offshore partner visa?
- 15 How do I cancel my partner visa 309?
What is a 309 partner (provisional) visa?
It is officially known as the Subclass 309 Partner (Provisional) visa, and it enables the spouse or de facto partner of an eligible individual to remain in Australia until the outcome of their Subclass 100 Partner (Migrant) visa application is determined or until the application is withdrawn 1. Obtaining a 309 Provisional Partner visa has a number of advantages over other visa types. ¹
What is the difference between 309 visa and subclass 100 visa?
A) First and foremost, the 309 visa is a provisional visa that allows you to stay in Australia for a limited period of time. Subclass 100 visas, on the other hand, are permanent visas that allow you to remain in Australia indefinitely after being granted. Initial and foremost, the 309 Visa is the first step toward obtaining the Visa Subclass 100.
Can I bring my partner to Australia on a 309 visa?
Bringing a spouse or de facto partner into Australia on a 309 Provisional Partner visa while waiting for an approval on a 100 Migrant Partner visa is allowed in some circumstances. Throughout this post, we’ll go through the steps involved in applying for a Subclass 309 visa, as well as how using Wise may help you save money along the road.
Is 309 a temporary visa?
The provisional 309 visa is only valid for a short period of time, but the migrant 100 visa is valid permanently. In the first instance, the applicant will be awarded a temporary provisional 309 visa, which will enable him or her to remain in Australia for a period of two years and apply for the migrant 100 visa within that time period.
How long is 309 visa valid for?
Partner Visa 309 (Visa for a Partner). Following the award of your visa, you will be able to remain in Australia until a decision is made on your permanent visa (Subclass 100). The average period of stay ranges from 15 months to 24 months, depending on the situation.
What is the difference between visa 820 and 309?
Applicants for the Partner Visa subclasses 820 and 309 who are the spouse or partner of an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen are permitted to remain in Australia. There are two types of visas available: the 820 visa for onshore applicants and the 309 visa for offshore applicants.
How long does a 309 visa take?
In general, subclass 309 visa applications are handled within 12 months, although this can vary depending on your circumstances. It is critical to give all supporting documentation prior to or during the interview. If you do not, you may be asked to provide further information, which will cause a delay in the decision-making process.
Can a 309 visa get Medicare?
Included in this is whether you’ve applied for a combined spouse visa 309/100 or an 820/801 (spouse visa). You can enroll in Medicare starting from either the day you sought for permanent residency or the date you were granted permanent status.
Holders of a Subclass 820 or Subclass 309 Partner Visa (other than those with outstanding applications or those on bridging visas) may be able to apply for Centrelink payments, which include Family Tax Benefit, Dad and Partner Pay, Parental Leave Pay, and a Low Income Health Care Card.
Can 309 visa be Cancelled?
The quick response to the above-mentioned questions is, of course, NO! Only the Minister for the Department of Home Affairs or a delegate of the Minister has the authority to terminate your Partner visa.
Can I enter Australia on a 309 visa?
Yes, you may if you have a valid Partner visa on your passport (subclasses 100, 309, 801, and 820). During the travel bans, you do not need to submit an application for an exemption in order to travel or enter Australia.
What is the difference between visa 300 and 309?
- The main difference between the Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) and the Partner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 309) is that the Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) is for people who have met once but are not married and do not meet the criteria for a ‘de facto’ relationship, whereas the Partner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 309) is for people who have met once but are not married and do not meet the criteria for a ‘de facto’ relationship.
Is visa 100 permanent residency?
Applicants who are married to, or in a de-facto relationship with, an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or who are qualified New Zealand citizens and who wish to live in Australia with their Australian spouse are eligible to apply for the category 100 permanent residence visa.
How long is offshore partner visa?
In general, 25 percent of all visa applications are approved in 6 months, 50 percent of all visa applications are approved in 9 months, 75 percent are approved in 12 months, and 90 percent are approved in 18 months for the Subclass 100 Permanent Partner Visa (which is the most common visa type in the United States).
How do I cancel my partner visa 309?
The applicant or sponsor can withdraw the application request to cancel the visa by submitting a letter to the Department that includes:
- A complete listing of their names and dates of birth
- This is referred to as the transaction reference number (TRN).
- A statement stating that they have decided to discontinue their sponsorship