To qualify for an H-2B visa, your employer must meet the following requirements:
- The employer must have a need which is seasonal, one-time, intermittent, or peak load.
- The job time-frame must be for less than one year.
- There must be no qualified and willing U.S. workers available for the job.
- 1 How can I get H2B Visa?
- 2 Who qualifies for H2B Visa?
- 3 How much does it cost to get a H2B Visa?
- 4 When can you apply for H-2B?
- 5 Can I get married on a H2B visa?
- 6 How long can you stay on a H2B visa?
- 7 How much is American visa fee?
- 8 How much does a US work visa cost?
- 9 Can I study on H2B visa?
- 10 Do H-2B workers pay taxes?
- 11 How can I legally employ an immigrant?
- 12 Are H2B visas suspended?
- 13 Can I extend my H2B visa after 3 years?
- 14 How do I obtain a green card?
How can I get H2B Visa?
H-2B Visa Application Process
- Step 1: Submit a labor certification application. As the employer, you’re also the petitioner.
- Step 2: Submit Form I-129 to USCIS.
- Step 3: Alien workers apply for a visa at the US embassy.
Who qualifies for H2B Visa?
An H-1B visa is required if you are coming to the United States to perform services in a pre-arranged professional job. To qualify, you must hold a bachelor’s or higher degree (or an equivalent degree) in the specific specialty for which you seek employment.
How much does it cost to get a H2B Visa?
How Much Does an H-2B Visa Cost? As of January 2021, the USCIS processing fee for an H-2B petition is $460. If you need to apply for a US visa at an embassy or consulate abroad, the visa fee is $190. Certain other fees might apply, depending on your nationality.
When can you apply for H-2B?
As a general rule, your H2B Visa sponsor can file the request a minimum of 60 days, but no more than 120 days, before your services are needed.
Can I get married on a H2B visa?
The short answer is: yes, you can get married in the US while on a B-1/B-2 tourist visa or on a visa waiver program. However, it is still possible to adjust status from a tourist visa or visa waiver after getting married in the US.
How long can you stay on a H2B visa?
The maximum period of stay in H-2B classification is 3 years. A person who has held H-2B nonimmigrant status for a total of 3 years must depart and remain outside the United States for an uninterrupted period of 3 months before seeking readmission as an H-2B nonimmigrant.
How much is American visa fee?
The application fee for the most common nonimmigrant visa types is $160. This includes tourist, business, student and exchange visas. Most petition-based visas, such as work and religious visas, are $190. K visas cost $265 and the fee amount for E visas is $205.
How much does a US work visa cost?
For US work visas, the application fee is $190. There might also be additional fees that apply to your location, so you should check with your local U.S Embassy about more details. Proof that you will return to your home country after your work in the U.S ends.
Can I study on H2B visa?
Yes! Holders of H-2B visas can undertake periods of recreational or part-time study, but you cannot engage in full-time or any other type of study that interferes with your temporary job.
Do H-2B workers pay taxes?
No, H-2B employers must offer and pay the prevailing wage to both American workers and H-2B workers. They receive a payroll check with itemized deductions for Social Security, Medicare, state income tax, and Federal income tax. H-2B workers pay the same taxes as American employees but cannot collect the benefits.
How can I legally employ an immigrant?
5 Steps to Take When You Want to Hire Foreign Employees
- 1) Understand your options.
- 2) Start early.
- 3) Make the necessary preparations within your company.
- 4) Obtain a certification from the Department of Labor.
- 5) Petition USCIS for visas.
Are H2B visas suspended?
President Trump suspended the issuance of H-1B, H-2B, L-1 and J-1 Work Visas, effective 12:01 am, EST, on June 24, 2020, until December 31, 2020. Richard Herman, a nationally-renowned immigration lawyer and co-author of the book, Immigrant, Inc.
Can I extend my H2B visa after 3 years?
An H2B visa is usually issued for a period of one year, and can be extended by two one-year extensions for a maximum of three years in H2B visa.
How do I obtain a green card?
Apply for a Green Card If you are eligible, file Form I-485 – Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status with USCIS, including all supporting documents and fees. USCIS will review your application and schedule an interview with you. Once issued, your Green Card will be valid for 10 years.