What documents do I need for a h4 visa?
- A visa interview appointment letter and a copy of the Form G-1145(online notification of the application acceptance)
- You should bring the form DS-160 – barcode printed for the interview.
- A passport – H4 visa applicant and the H1 visa holder.
- Two Passport-size photograph.
- 1 Is marriage certificate mandatory for H4 visa?
- 2 How can I apply for H4 visa for my wife?
- 3 What are the documents required for H4 visa Dropbox?
- 4 How much time it takes to get H4 visa?
- 5 Why is H4 visa rejected?
- 6 Is there interview for H4 visa?
- 7 Do H4 visas get rejected?
- 8 Can I file H4 on my own?
- 9 What is H1 and H4 visa?
- 10 What do I need for biometrics for H4?
- 11 Can you apply for H4 visa before marriage?
- 12 Can my wife work on H4 visa?
- 13 Can you study on H4 visa?
- 14 Can we apply H4 for parents?
Is marriage certificate mandatory for H4 visa?
Do you have any proof of your marriage being registered? To answer this question, you need to provide the marriage certificate to the immigration officer.
How can I apply for H4 visa for my wife?
How Can I Get the H4 Visa?
- Apply online.
- Pay the applicable H4 visa fees.
- Schedule a visa interview appointment.
- Compile the H4 visa document file.
- Attend the visa interview.
- Get your visa.
- Questions about you and the reason you are applying for an H4 visa.
- Questions about your marriage.
What are the documents required for H4 visa Dropbox?
Required Document List For H4 Visa Holders
- DS-160 confirmation page.
- Copy of the interview waiver letter generated at the time of booking the appointment.
- Copy of the H4 Visa Stamp on the passport.
- Copy of currently approved H1B of primary beneficiary.
- Copy of previous H1-B approvals, if any.
How much time it takes to get H4 visa?
H4 Visa Processing Time After your interview, it may take weeks or days for the embassy to make a decision. If approved, they’ll send you your passport with the H-4 visa stamp. For those in the US, changing nonimmigrant status to H4 may take 9 to 16 months to process.
Why is H4 visa rejected?
The application for the H4 visa will, therefore, be rejected by a 212(A)(4) refusal if the financial means of the principal applicant does not meet or exceed the state poverty line. This is done to prevent people from becoming a financial burden or obligation to the U.S. government.
Is there interview for H4 visa?
The H4 Visa interview is a set of questions for a marriage-based visa – one that determines the basics and truthfulness of your marriage.
Do H4 visas get rejected?
There is a possibility of the H4 visa getting rejected. Some common reasons are: Refusal under 212(a)(4): The refusal under this section means that the visa officer is not convinced about the sponsor’s financial condition. The sponsor may not be in a position to support the dependents.
Can I file H4 on my own?
Yes, your spouse and baby will need to be derivative visas of your correct status. You can file on your own or hire an attorney.
What is H1 and H4 visa?
A H4 visa is issued to dependent family members (spouse and children) of H1 visa holders who would like to accompany the H1B visa holder to the U.S. during their stay. If you are applying for your visa along with your spouse, who is applying for H1 simultaneously, then you can submit both applications together.
What do I need for biometrics for H4?
When you need to attend an H4 biometrics appointment, there are certain documents that you will have to bring with you. One of them is the biometric appointment notice, aka Form I-797C, and valid photo identification. This could be your passport, green card, state ID card, or U.S. driver’s license.
Can you apply for H4 visa before marriage?
The DS 160 asks about the applicant’s marital status. They system will probably reject it if before the marriage and if says married, she would be lying. Your company does not have to file anything for the H-4.
Can my wife work on H4 visa?
The H-4 visa allows H-1B spouses and dependant children to join the H-1B visa holder in the US. Certain H-4 visa holders are permitted to work while in the US during their visa period, provided they have secured employment authorization.
Can you study on H4 visa?
If you are on H4 visa (dependent visa) you can go to school or college without a change in your visa status. There are a few exceptions to the case, but if you are worried about applying for the student visa (F1) to study, think again. It is possible to enroll in a college or school on a dependent visa.
Can we apply H4 for parents?
Who is eligible for an H4 visa? The USCIS will allow immediate family members of H-visa holders, including the H1B visa, to obtain a H4 visa to lawfully come and stay in the US with their spouse or parent. Immediate family members include the spouse or any children under the age of 21 of the H-visa holder.