The UK visa application centres in Nigeria are operated by a UKVI commercial partner, TLScontact, and are located in Abuja and Lagos (one in Victoria Island, the other in Ikeja). Ikeja is the largest UK visa application centre in Nigeria but is also a mandatory user-pays site so there’s an additional fee for using it.
- 1 Where do I submit my UK visa application in Nigeria?
- 2 How can I apply for UK visa from Nigeria?
- 3 Are UK visa Centres open?
- 4 Has UK Embassy in Nigeria resumed?
- 5 How much bank statement is required for UK visit visa?
- 6 Is UK visa easy to get?
- 7 How can I migrate to the UK from Nigeria?
- 8 How long does it take for UK visa to be approved?
- 9 What documents do I need for UK visitor visa?
- 10 How long can a Nigerian stay in the UK?
- 11 Do UK passport holders need a visa for Nigeria?
- 12 Can I stay in UK while waiting for my visa?
- 13 Where are UK visa decisions made?
- 14 Can I get a UK work visa without sponsorship?
Where do I submit my UK visa application in Nigeria?
UK Visa Application Centre, Abuja
- Third floor, El-Yakub Building (beside Metro Plaza), Plot 1129.
- Zakariya Maimalari Street, Central Business District.
- Website: TLScontact Abuja.
How can I apply for UK visa from Nigeria?
How To Apply For a UK Visa from Nigeria – Online Process
- Firstly, visit the UK official website at GOV.UK, to create a user account.
- Click on the Visa and Immigration link and;
- Click on the Visit the UK link.
- Select Standard Visitor Visa.
- You must fill out the application.
- Pay the visa fee ($137 for a 6 month UK visa.
Are UK visa Centres open?
Application and service centres in the UK UKVCAS Service Points are essential services and will remain open throughout the UK so customers can continue to book and attend appointments to progress their visa applications.
Has UK Embassy in Nigeria resumed?
The British High Commission in Nigeria has announced plans to resume visa processing in the country. This was disclosed in a public statement by the British High Commission in Abuja on Thursday, July 9, 2020.
How much bank statement is required for UK visit visa?
You must submit 6 months of bank statements that clearly show your monthly salary and financial commitments. There must not be any large deposits of cash other than your salary. Total savings must be at least twice your proposed UK trip expenses.
Is UK visa easy to get?
The UK tourist visa requirements are clear and easy to understand. UK tourist visa application is online but the rest of the process requires an in-person appointment for biometrics. UK tourist visas are valid for 6 months and you can stay up to 180 days in the UK.
How can I migrate to the UK from Nigeria?
How Nigerians can apply for UK Permanent Residency
- You must have been living in the UK legally for at least 5 years.
- You must have spent no more than 180 days outside the UK in any 12-month period.
- You must demonstrate your English proficiency and your knowledge of British customs.
How long does it take for UK visa to be approved?
Your application for a Standard Visitor visa should be made no earlier than 3 months before you intend to enter the UK, and it will generally take no more than 3 weeks for the visa application to be processed and a decision made after your appointment.
What documents do I need for UK visitor visa?
What Are the Required Documents for a UK Visa?
- UK visa application form.
- Two photographs.
- Your Valid Passport.
- Proof you have the financial means to cover the living costs while in the UK.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Detailed travel itinerary.
- Tuberculosis Test Results.
- Biometric information.
How long can a Nigerian stay in the UK?
If you are planning to go to the UK on holiday, then you would apply for the Standard Visitor Visa which will allow you to stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
Do UK passport holders need a visa for Nigeria?
All foreign nationals except the citizens of seventeen visa exempt countries require a visa to enter Nigeria. It should be noted that the United Kingdom is not a visa exempt country, and as a result, all British nationals should obtain a visa to enter Nigeria legally.
Can I stay in UK while waiting for my visa?
You can legally stay in the UK while you wait for the Home Office decision, even if this comes after the expiry date of your previous visa.
Where are UK visa decisions made?
A decision will be made within 5 working days of your appointment at the visa application centre. Check with your visa application centre to see if the priority visa service is available in the country you’re applying from.
Can I get a UK work visa without sponsorship?
If you are a non-EU/EFTA national wanting to work in the UK, you will need a work permit UK relating to the type of work that you are doing. Most of the UK work visas require sponsorships from the UK-based employer so you will need to have secured a suitable job and sponsorship before applying for the UK work visa.