You need to apply for a visa unless you meet the following visa exemption requirements: According to bilateral agreements, citizens of some countries (List of Agreements on Mutual Visa Exemption between the P.R. China and Foreign Countries) holding appropriate passports may enter China without a visa.
- 1 Can you go to China without a visa?
- 2 Why do you need a China visa?
- 3 Is visa required for China?
- 4 What countries can visit China without a visa?
- 5 How can I permanently live in China?
- 6 Can I enter China from US?
- 7 How long can foreigners stay in China?
- 8 How do I get a 10 year Chinese visa?
- 9 What types of visas are there for China?
- 10 When China visa will open?
- 11 How long can I visit China without a visa?
- 12 Can Americans visit China without a visa?
- 13 Do Americans need visas to visit China?
- 14 How powerful is Chinese passport?
Can you go to China without a visa?
You’re in luck. As of January 1, 2016, China has allowed foreigners to travel to and visit several cities in China without a formal visa for up to 144 hours, or six days. If you are planning to travel within China, or if you plan to visit China more than once, it might be better to apply for a standard tourist visa.
Why do you need a China visa?
The short answer is yes, you will most likely need a visa for China. Citizens of most countries do require a tourist visa to travel to China for any period of time, and most travellers receive a standard 30-day single-entry tourist visa for a trip to the mainland.
Is visa required for China?
Eligibility for China Visa: A passport valid for at least six months starting from the date of application and containing at least two blank pages. China requires that you present your travel itinerary, which includes confirmed hotels and flights. Sufficient funds to cover your cost in China.
What countries can visit China without a visa?
A foreign citizen can enter China without a visa under any one of the following circumstances:
- Direct Transit.
- Visiting the Pearl River Delta or Hainan Island.
- Citizens of Singapore, Brunei and Japan.
- Holders of Valid APEC Business Travel Card.
- Holders of PRC Foreigner’s Permanent Residence Card.
How can I permanently live in China?
How to apply for China permanent residence?
- Complete Application Form for Permanent Residence in China;
- Valid passport and valid visa (or resident permit);
- A health certificate issued by a domestic entry-exit inspection and issued within the last six months;
Can I enter China from US?
Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes. China currently allows foreign nationals with valid residence permits and visas to enter the country under certain very limited conditions. The U.S. Embassy has no say in these policies, and these are subject to change at any time.
How long can foreigners stay in China?
The intended duration of stay in China exceeds 180 days. Issued to those who intend to visit their family members who are foreigners working or studying in China, or to those who intend to go to China for other private matters. The intended duration of stay in China is no more than 180 days.
How do I get a 10 year Chinese visa?
How to Apply
- Download the visa application form and fill it in. One thing to note: when you fill out your visa application, just tick the box that shows “10-Year Visa”.
- Submit your documents (listed below).
- Pay the visa application fee and collect your visa. Read more information about how to apply for a China visa.
What types of visas are there for China?
Chinese visas fall into four types: diplomatic visa, courtesy visa, service visa and ordinary visa.
When China visa will open?
Based on the latest situation of Covid-19 prevention and control, starting from 3 November 2020, the Consular Department of the Commissioner’s Office are ready to accept visa applications through the Chinese Visa Application Service Center from applicants who intend to travel to China for any of the following purposes.
How long can I visit China without a visa?
China’s visa-free policies allow nationals of certain countries, including the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom, to travel to China for stays ranging from 24 hours to 180 days without obtaining a visa if certain requirements are met.
Can Americans visit China without a visa?
Do U.S. citizens need a visa to visit China? Yes. U.S. citizens planning to visit China’s mainland must apply for an entry visa through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General.
Do Americans need visas to visit China?
Do US citizens need a visa for china? Yes, all US citizens need a visa for China. The most popular is the China 10-year Tourist Visa which can be used for Multiple Entry. You can get a 10-Year Chinese Visa online.
How powerful is Chinese passport?
According to the 1 January 2018 Henley visa restrictions index, holders of a Chinese passport are granted visa free or visa on arrival access to 70 countries and territories, ranking the Chinese passport 68th in the world Chinese passport is also the highest-ranked passport in Communist state.