When you call to activate your card, you must select a PIN to complete activation of all card functions. You will need to use the PIN to make certain transactions with your card. To obtain your PIN, call 1-866-791-6841 and follow the prompts.
- 1 How do I activate my prepaid Visa card?
- 2 Why can’t I activate my prepaid Visa card?
- 3 Why is my Visa Reward card being declined?
- 4 How do I use my virtual Visa Reward card?
- 5 How do I activate my Visa card online?
- 6 Do Visa gift cards need to be activated?
- 7 How do I know if my visa gift card is activated?
- 8 How do I know if my gift card is activated?
- 9 How can I activate my gift card without scanning it?
- 10 How long does it take for a prepaid card to activate?
- 11 What do you do if your gift card doesn’t work?
- 12 How do I register a gift card online?
- 13 Where can I use my virtual rewards card?
How do I activate my prepaid Visa card?
- Note the Web address for activation on the prepaid card’s packaging, or on the sticker pasted on the front of the card.
- Open a Web browser and enter the activation URL into the address bar.
- Click the “Activate Card” option.
- Type the prepaid Visa card number into the corresponding input boxes.
Why can’t I activate my prepaid Visa card?
The most common reasons are that the card hasn’t been activated, the cashier is running the wrong type of transaction, the dollar amount being charged is greater than the card’s balance or the credit card processing machine is bumping up the charge amount to either place a hold on the card or to allow for a gratuity.
Why is my Visa Reward card being declined?
There are a number of possible reasons why a purchase could be declined: You don’t have enough money left on your card. You haven’t activated or registered your card. The address you gave to make an online or phone purchase is different from the address you have on file with your prepaid card provider.
How do I use my virtual Visa Reward card?
Simply click the link to access your Virtual Visa Reward card, ready for use instantly! Spend it online or add it to your favorite mobile app. All the information you need to use and track your card, including balance and spend history, is available online in one secure, convenient place.
How do I activate my Visa card online?
How to activate your Visa card online
- Log in to your online account.
- Look for your new credit card under Accounts.
- Enter your card number, expiration date and CVV/CVC.
- Enter your date of birth and Social Security number, if required by your provider.
Do Visa gift cards need to be activated?
Many Visa Gift cards are activated automatically upon purchase and may be used immediately. However, some Visa Gift cards must be activated by the recipient before they can be used. Be sure to sign in the designated area on the back before making your first purchase.
How do I know if my visa gift card is activated?
Many Visa Gift cards are activated upon purchase and ready to use. However, if yours requires activation, you’ll typically see a sticker with instructions and a toll-free phone number.
How do I know if my gift card is activated?
Locate the activation sticker on the front of the card. If your gift card requires activation, there’s usually a white sticker or some other indicator prominently displayed on the front that says so. These stickers typically provide a toll-free number or a website link that you need to use to activate the card.
How can I activate my gift card without scanning it?
Many gift cards are activated when they’re purchased, so they don’t need to be activated by the recipient. However, some do need to be activated by the recipient before they can be used. You can activate a gift card by calling the merchant or accessing the provided URL and inputting the correct activation numbers.
How long does it take for a prepaid card to activate?
Activating a prepaid debit card is easy and takes just a few minutes. You must have your card with you when you activate so you can enter your card number, three-digit security code and expiration date. Some issuers charge an activation fee or other fees to maintain your prepaid debit card.
What do you do if your gift card doesn’t work?
10 Things to Do When Your Gift Card has No Value
- Show Card to the Cashier.
- Ask What the Error Message Is.
- Ask For the Manager.
- Check the PIN.
- Make Sure the Gift Card is Activated.
- Ask for the Balance and Transaction History.
- Contact Customer Service.
- Contact the Card Issuer.
How do I register a gift card online?
To register your card for online use, locate the issuer’s 800 number or web address. You’ll find this information on the back of the Visa card or in a leaflet that comes with the card. Call the telephone number or access the website to get started.
Where can I use my virtual rewards card?
A Virtual Visa Reward Card is a prepaid Visa, complete with unique numbers, that is delivered instantly via email. It can be used anywhere that Visa is accepted, both online or by phone.