- Offer of employment. To obtain a work permit, you must have an offer of employment in Sweden.
- The employer initiates the application.
- You receive an email.
- Attach documents.
- Pay and submit your application.
- The Migration Agency processes the application.
- Information needed for residence permit card.
- Receiving the decision.
- 1 Is it easy to get a work permit in Sweden?
- 2 How long does it take to get a work visa in Sweden?
- 3 How can I go to Sweden for work?
- 4 How much is a work visa for Sweden?
- 5 Can I move to Sweden without a job?
- 6 What jobs are in demand in Sweden?
- 7 Who is eligible to work in Sweden?
- 8 How can a foreigner get a job in Sweden?
- 9 How can a foreigner get job offer in Sweden?
- 10 Can I work in Sweden without speaking Swedish?
- 11 Is it hard to get a job in Sweden?
- 12 Can foreigners work in Sweden?
- 13 Can I immigrate to Sweden?
- 14 Is it hard to get citizenship in Sweden?
- 15 Can I work in Sweden without Personnummer?
Is it easy to get a work permit in Sweden?
If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and wish to work in Sweden, in most cases you need a work permit. The quickest and easiest way to apply for a work permit is to do it online. Applications over the internet go directly to the Swedish Migration Agency and are given priority.
How long does it take to get a work visa in Sweden?
Waiting for the permit to get issued: Most expats working for a Swedish company need to wait one to three months to get their work permit.
How can I go to Sweden for work?
Apply for a work permit
- Prepare your documentation. Check which documents and personal data you need.
- Waiting for a decision.
- Acquiring a residence permit card.
- If you need a visa to enter Sweden.
- If you do not require a visa to enter Sweden.
- Prepare the documentation.
- Pay the application fee.
How much is a work visa for Sweden?
This is currently 2,000 SEK for a work or self employed visa, 1000 SEK for an adult family member, and 500 SEK for children. There are lower fees for some visa types, including au pair and working holiday. You can pay the fees online or at your local embassy.
Can I move to Sweden without a job?
Visas & Work Permits EU/EEA residents have a right to residence in Sweden and do not need permission to live and work in the country. Likewise, EU/EEA residents can also move to Sweden without a job and spend a few months job searching.
What jobs are in demand in Sweden?
Together with the Public Employment Agency the Swedish Migration Agency produces a list of in demand occupations. According to the 2019 list Sweden needs:
- civil engineers.
- construction workers.
- medical secretaries.
Who is eligible to work in Sweden?
Generally, citizens from countries outside the EU must apply for a work permit to work in Sweden. There are a few exceptions to the rule. Citizens of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea aged 18–30 can also apply for a working holiday visa (link in Swedish) for up to one year.
How can a foreigner get a job in Sweden?
This guide will walk you through 8 steps to follow for finding a job in Stockholm.
- Speak the Swedish language.
- Check that your industry exists in Stockholm.
- Start looking the old school way.
- Try searching online.
- Consider working with a recruiter.
- Build your network.
- Apply (and wait) for your visa.
- Get moving.
How can a foreigner get job offer in Sweden?
There are many online sites that can be used to find job opportunities for foreigners in Sweden. If a job posting is in Swedish, consider submitting your resume and cover letter in Swedish as well. Top job search websites for positions in Sweden: Indeed.com.
Can I work in Sweden without speaking Swedish?
Can I get a job in Sweden without speaking Swedish? The short answer is yes. Numerous multinational companies have offices in larger cities in Sweden, and even some originally Swedish companies have adopted English as their corporate language.
Is it hard to get a job in Sweden?
Sweden is a great place to work and comes with a heap of benefits that you don’t get in many other countries. But getting started is hard. There are English speaking jobs here, but they are few and far between, and competition is fierce.
Can foreigners work in Sweden?
If you are a citizen of a non-EU country and want to work in Sweden, you will probably need to obtain a work permit.
Can I immigrate to Sweden?
Those who want to become Swedish citizens must have reached the age of 18, have a permanent residence permit and have lived in Sweden for about five years. Children under the age of 18 can become Swedish citizens at the same time as a foreign father or mother.
Is it hard to get citizenship in Sweden?
While the age requirements are hard and fast for adult citizenship, kids are given some leeway. Once a child reaches 15 years old, they have to show they’ve been living in Sweden for at least three consecutive years “and have conducted themselves well,” according to Sweden’s immigration office.
Can I work in Sweden without Personnummer?
You do not need a personal identity number in order to seek employment in Sweden. You can register on the Swedish Public Employment Service website(Arbetsförmedlingen) and through them look for job opportunities. The Employment Service can assist in providing you with a coordination number from the Swedish Tax Agency.