|TYPES OF SERVICE||FEES|
|Port of Entry Visa||US$100.00|
|Entry for persons who are at the port of entry and should have obtained an Entry Visa Prior to their arrival in Jamaica.||US$350.00|
|Extension of Stay (Processing Fee)||JM$10,000.00|
- 1 Do Jamaicans need a visa to visit USA?
- 2 How long does it take to get a US visa in Jamaica?
- 3 How much do a visa cost in Jamaica?
- 4 How can a Jamaican come to America?
- 5 Can Jamaicans work in the US?
- 6 What are the requirements for US visa?
- 7 Are US visa appointments open in Jamaica?
- 8 Can you apply for a US visa right now?
- 9 How can I pay US visa fee?
- 10 How Long Does US visa take?
Do Jamaicans need a visa to visit USA?
Jamaicans who are residents of the United States must have a valid Jamaican passport or Emergency Travel Document and Permanent Resident Card (PRC) or appropriate temporary resident visa and a return ticket to the United States of America.
How long does it take to get a US visa in Jamaica?
Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days, but that time frame may vary according to the circumstances of the case.
How much do a visa cost in Jamaica?
How much is the visa fee for Jamaica? The visa fee comes around $160 for Jamaica and it may vary depending upon your type of visa.
How can a Jamaican come to America?
To apply for an immigrant visa, a foreign citizen seeking to immigrate generally must be sponsored by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident immediate relative(s), or prospective U.S. employer, and have an approved petition before applying for an immigrant visa.
Can Jamaicans work in the US?
First, a bit of background: Unlike a regular visitor’s visa, the temporary worker visa permits travellers to work in the United States. The most common temporary worker visas here in Jamaica are in the H-2B category and involve work in the hospitality industry, which is an area of expertise for many Jamaican citizens!
What are the requirements for US visa?
Here are the required documents for a US visa:
- An online nonimmigrant DS-160 application form. You can file the form DS-160 here.
- Your valid passport.
- One photograph.
- Receipt proving payment of $160 for a nonimmigrant US visa application.
- Social media details.
Are US visa appointments open in Jamaica?
All visa interviews at the U.S. Embassy in Kingston are handled on an appointment basis only. U.S. Embassy Kingston is located at 142 Old Hope Road in Liguanea, Kingston 6. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. except for holidays.
Can you apply for a US visa right now?
We have now begun to process visa applications in all immigrant and fiancé(e) visa categories. However, appointments remain extremely limited as a result of the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
How can I pay US visa fee?
The most convenient payment method for your nonimmigrant visa application (NIV) fee is online with a debit card.
- Once you log into your profile and while on the payment screen, you can select to pay using a debit card.
- After you pay the visa application fee, print your receipt for your records.
How Long Does US visa take?
It takes from 3 to 5 weeks for a US visa application to get processed. After the processing, the applicant can get a positive reply on their application, and the consulate will deliver the document. The delivery of the visa can take up to two other workdays.