This type of visas provide temporary residence for three years to foreign entrepreneurs either having a business or wanting to start a business in any free zone across the UAE.
- 1 What is the difference between Dubai and free zone visa?
- 2 What are the benefits of free zone visa?
- 3 How can I get Freezone visa in UAE?
- 4 Is there any ban for Freezone visa?
- 5 What is the meaning of Freezone?
- 6 What is the cheapest Freezone in UAE?
- 7 What is the difference between Freezone and LLC?
- 8 How much is a free zone visa?
- 9 What is the difference between free zone and mainland?
- 10 How can I apply for free zone visa in Dubai?
- 11 How can I check Dubai Freezone visa status?
- 12 Which is the Best Freezone in UAE?
- 13 What is meant by free zone in UAE?
- 14 How long does it take to cancel free zone visa?
What is the difference between Dubai and free zone visa?
What is the difference between the Dubai mainland visa and a free zone visa? The validity of mainland company’s employment visas is two years, while the free zone visa is valid for three years. With a mainland company visa, you can work anywhere in UAE.
What are the benefits of free zone visa?
The key advantages of having a free zone visa are:
- Tax exemption. The visa means that you’ll be exempt from paying import, export or personal taxes.
- 100% ownership.
- Financial access.
- Lease premises.
- Fund transfer.
- Driving licence.
- Healthcare access.
- School registration.
How can I get Freezone visa in UAE?
You can apply for your free zone visa in just five simple steps:
- Step 1: Register for E-Channel services.
- Step 2: Entry permit.
- Step 3: Status change.
- Step 4: Medical fitness test and Emirates ID registration.
- Step 5: Residence visa stamping.
Is there any ban for Freezone visa?
Usually free zones do not impose bans on employees. But they may impose ban if the employer requests it. It depends on the circumstances that lead up to your dismissal or termination of contract. But if you have resigned from your job, there is no labour ban within free zones.
What is the meaning of Freezone?
: an area within which goods may be received and stored without payment of duty.
What is the cheapest Freezone in UAE?
Ajman Media City is the cheapest free zone in UAE. This freezone offers investors a range of business activities and business license types at the lowest cost.
What is the difference between Freezone and LLC?
Freezone entities are limited to a certain number of visas. They are normally allowed 1 to 6 visa packages. If a company needs more than that, then they have to rent a physical space within their specific freezone. LLCs receive an electronic quota from the Ministry of Labor (MOL) for their visa eligibility.
How much is a free zone visa?
The visa application fee is AED 4,670. This includes the visa fee, typing fees, medical test, residence visa stamping, and Emirates ID card. An additional fee of AED 920 is due if the visa applicant is in the UAE. A security deposit must be made of AED 2,500 (refundable upon cancellation of the visa).
What is the difference between free zone and mainland?
The fundamental difference between mainland and free zone is that Free Zone Company cannot conduct its operation in non-free zone without the support of a local agent whereas a mainland company freely operates its business activities anywhere in UAE. There are numerous free zones in Dubai.
How can I apply for free zone visa in Dubai?
An employee needs an appointment letter from their company in a free zone to begin their application. This type of visa is valid for one, two and three years, and the application process differs for employees based outside of the UAE and for employees based within the UAE.
How can I check Dubai Freezone visa status?
GDRFA Dubai Application
- Open the app and select the “Services” label.
- Click on “Entry Permit / Residence Status” and then select “Residence Inquiry”
- Enter your details: Visa code, first name, nationality and date of birth.
- Double-check your input and then click “Inquiry”
Which is the Best Freezone in UAE?
List of best free zones in the UAE:
- Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA)
- Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
- International Free Zone Authority (IFZA)
- Fujairah Creative City Free Zone.
- Sharjah Media City Free Zone (Shams)
- Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone (SPCFZ)
- Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ)
What is meant by free zone in UAE?
What is a free zone? Free zones are geographically demarcated areas within the UAE (even if most of them are not fenced or gated) permitting 100% foreign ownership and are in most cases, dedicated to a specific industry.
How long does it take to cancel free zone visa?
In most cases, the process takes 1 or 2 working days. If your sponsor also has to cancel your Labour Card, that may take only 1 more working day, making it about three working days in total.