Important U.S. work visa categories
|Visa||Purpose of stay|
|H-1B visa (Specialty Occupation Workers)||For highly qualified workers and persons with an academic degree or equivalent|
|I-Visa (Foreign News Media)||For working visits of journalists / representatives of foreign media companies travelling to the USA on business|
- 1 How do you get a working visa for America?
- 2 What are the requirements to work in USA?
- 3 Who can sponsor me to work in USA?
- 4 How can I stay permanently in USA?
- 5 Can you work in the US without a green card?
- 6 How can a foreigner get a job in USA?
- 7 Can you move to America without a job?
- 8 How much bank balance is required for US visa?
- 9 Which jobs are in demand in USA?
- 10 Can a friend sponsor me to US?
- 11 Can I convert my tourist visa to work visa in USA?
- 12 Can I apply for a work visa without a job offer?
How do you get a working visa for America?
Work Visa USA Qualifications
- Have a job offer in the U.S.
- Approved petition by the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Labor certification approval by the Department of Labor (DOL)
- Complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160) and print the confirmation page.
- Schedule your interview.
What are the requirements to work in USA?
To work in the USA, you are required to have a permit to live and work in the USA, or in other words, you must have a Green Card or a valid work visa. With either of these, the doors of the American job market are open to you.
Who can sponsor me to work in USA?
The company you plan to work for must know that you are not a US citizen or Legal Permanent Resident (LPR). If the employer is aware and still wants to hire you, then they agree to sponsor you. A US visa or employment sponsorship means that the employer in the US is hiring you.
How can I stay permanently in USA?
Apply for a Green Card If you are eligible, file Form I-485 – Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status with USCIS, including all supporting documents and fees. USCIS will review your application and schedule an interview with you. Once issued, your Green Card will be valid for 10 years.
Can you work in the US without a green card?
You can work in the United States without a green card only if you have a non-immigrant visa such as an H, L, or O visa or an employment authorization card (EAC). Alternatively, employers may file petitions for labor certification upon meeting certain requirements, such as the ability to pay the proffered wage.
How can a foreigner get a job in USA?
For foreign nationals interested in working in the United States, there are several different ways to obtain U.S. employment including employment-related green cards (permanent residency), exchange visitor work and study visas, and seasonal and temporary worker visas.
Can you move to America without a job?
What visas allow you to move to the U.S. without a job? An Investor or EB-5 visa is available to international entrepreneurs who can invest at least $500,000. If you hope to qualify for this type of visa, you must invest in the United States economy and generate jobs for American workers.
How much bank balance is required for US visa?
The amount of bank balance you should have for applying to the US tourist visa depends on the duration. If it is a 15-day trip, you must have $ 5,000-10,000 in your bank.
Which jobs are in demand in USA?
Top 10 Most In-Demand USA Jobs
- Home Health Aide. A home health aide helps people with chronic illness, disabilities, or cognitive impairment with their daily activities.
- Physical Therapist.
- Registered Nurse.
- Software Engineer.
- Information Security Analyst.
- Occupational Therapist.
- Web Developer.
- Data Scientist.
Can a friend sponsor me to US?
A joint sponsor can be a friend or family member. They do not have to live with either spouse, but if they do, they need to fill out Form I-864A (officially called the “Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member”).
Can I convert my tourist visa to work visa in USA?
Yes you can convert your B1/B2 tourist visa to work visa if 1. You did not enter the US with a visa waiver (ESTA visa) 4. You have an employer who is offering you a professional job position.
Can I apply for a work visa without a job offer?
Unfortunately, most employment visas require you to have a job offer and an employment sponsor to obtain a work visa. Part of the U.S. visa application process requires an employer to file a petition on your behalf. That is why most applicants are unable to get a U.S. work visa without an employer sponsor.