- To work in Spain as a freelance, it is necessary to apply for a Work Visa at a Spanish consulate or embassy. The work visas are valid for one year but can be renewed if all the conditions are still met. The required documentation includes: Proof of sufficient finances to support yourself
A Spain Work Visa is a Long-stay Visa for Spain, which enables you to engage in a paid activity. Only nationals of several countries located in Europe are eligible to move to Spain and work here without a visa. If your country is located outside Europe, for sure you need a visa.
- 1 How do I get a work visa for Spain?
- 2 How can I work legally in Spain?
- 3 How much does a work visa cost in Spain?
- 4 How can a foreigner get a job in Spain?
- 5 Is it difficult to get Spain visa?
- 6 Is it hard to get a work visa in Spain?
- 7 How can I get permanent residency in Spain?
- 8 Is it easy to get a job in Spain?
- 9 Do I need a visa for Spain?
- 10 What jobs are in demand in Spain?
- 11 How long does it take to get a Spanish visa?
- 12 How long does a Spanish visa last?
- 13 Can I just move to Spain?
- 14 What can you not eat in Spain?
- 15 Is it difficult to immigrate to Spain?
How do I get a work visa for Spain?
Work as an Employee (Highly-skilled) The employer must then request a Work Visa from the Ministry of Labour. Work permit applications can take up to 8 months to process so forward planning is needed. Once the Ministry of Labour has approved the application, the embassy or consulate issue the work and residence visa.
How can I work legally in Spain?
What do I need to work in Spain?
- Get a Social Security Number.
- NIE: Número de Identidad de Extranjero.
- Open a Spanish bank account.
- Register at the Town Hall.
- Register with a doctor and get a health card.
- Work visas for non-EU citizens.
How much does a work visa cost in Spain?
Costs for Spain Work Permits and Visas
|Type of Visa||Costs (USD)||Costs (EUR)|
|Employed Work Visa||73- 210 USD||62-176 EUR|
|Work Visa (except from Work Permit)||87- 650 USD||73-550 EUR|
|Entrepreneur Visa||95- 200 USD||80-170 EUR|
How can a foreigner get a job in Spain?
To work in Spain as a foreigner, you must meet the following requirements:
- you are staying in Spain legally;
- you have a clean criminal record in Spain and in the countries where you have previously resided;
- you entered Spain legally without being denied entry or being deported;
Is it difficult to get Spain visa?
Travelling to one of the most romantic countries like Spain always felt like a far-fetched dream because of the hard process of getting a visa. But impossible is not the word you use when you describe Thomas Cook’s visa services.
Is it hard to get a work visa in Spain?
Spain has a very high unemployment rate, so obtaining a work permit for this country is difficult if you’re not a European Union citizen. Further complicating matters is the fact that there’s no working holiday visa that would allow you to pick up a random job while touring the country.
How can I get permanent residency in Spain?
Individuals can obtain permanent residency in Spain after having legally lived in the country for a period of five uninterrupted years. The Spanish residency card
- they have obtained their NIE numbers (or foreign tax identification number);
- they have health insurance;
- they have paid the residency card issuance fee.
Is it easy to get a job in Spain?
If you do not have a strong grasp of Spanish then jobs can be hard to find – unless you’re looking for a job with a multinational company, or work in the expat community or tourist areas. There are also opportunities to take Spanish classes once you arrive in Spain.
Do I need a visa for Spain?
The rules for travelling or working in European countries changed on 1 January 2021: you can travel to countries in the Schengen area for up to 90 days in any 180-day period without a visa. if you are travelling to Spain and other Schengen countries without a visa, make sure your whole visit is within the 90-day limit.
What jobs are in demand in Spain?
Most in-demand professions in Spain in 2019, by category
|Share of jobs offered|
How long does it take to get a Spanish visa?
The visa process could take up to six weeks therefore plan your application in advance. You may apply up to 90 days before your departure date. If you apply less than six weeks before your travel date keep in mind that your visa may not be ready on time and you may have to rearrange your departure.
How long does a Spanish visa last?
A short-stay Schengen visa (visado de corta duracion) allows you to stay in Spain for up to 90 days in a 180-day period.
Can I just move to Spain?
Your right to settle in Spain While the UK and Spain are both members of the EU, you have the right to live in Spain. Register at the local Oficina de Extranjeros for a residence certificate. After five years you’ll need to apply for a certificate of permanent residency.
What can you not eat in Spain?
But with these tips in mind when ordering, you should be able to avoid dissatisfaction and have much more enjoyable meals.
- Paella. Unless you are in Valencia or at a Valencian restaurant, don’t order the famous yellow paella valenciana.
- Expensive tapas.
- Hot breakfasts.
Is it difficult to immigrate to Spain?
Immigration to Spain can be a difficult task for many. But with the right advice, it shouldn’t be that way. Because in order to enjoy all the wonders of the country, you will for sure need to enjoy legal status. And that implies obtaining a residence and work authorization.