If you are a U.S. citizen who wants to bring your foreign fiancé(e) to the United States in order to get married, you will need to file a Form I-129F, Petition For Alien Fiancé(e). This is the first step to obtaining a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for your fiancé(e).23 mrt. 2018
How much will it cost to get a fiance visa?
- What are the fees and costs in getting a fiance visa? The total fees and costs for the entire fiance visa process, including getting the green card after your marriage, will typically range from $2,000 to $5,000. There are three basic categories of costs in the fiance visa process: government filing fees, other required costs, and legal fees.
If you decide to apply for a K-1 fiancé visa, here’s what the process and timeline will look like:
- The U.S.
- Once the petition is approved, the National Visa Center (NVC), which is run by the U.S.
- The foreign fiancé completes a visa application (Form DS-160), submits it online (or according to the local consulate’s instructions), and pays the $265 visa fee.
- The foreign fiancé goes to an interview at the U.S.
- 1 How long does it take to get a fiance visa?
- 2 How much does a fiance visa cost USA?
- 3 Can I bring my fiance to USA?
- 4 What are the income requirements for a fiance visa?
- 5 Can you be denied a fiance visa?
- 6 What is faster fiance or marriage visa?
- 7 Can I bring my girlfriend to USA?
- 8 Can I marry in US on tourist visa?
- 9 Do you have to be engaged to apply for a fiance visa?
- 10 Can I stay in America if I marry an American?
- 11 How can I marry a Filipino girl in USA?
- 12 Can you visit the US while waiting for a fiance visa?
- 13 How do I apply for a fiance visa?
- 14 What do I need to bring my fiance to USA?
- 15 What do I need for a fiance visa?
How long does it take to get a fiance visa?
K-1 Visa Timeline It takes 6-9 months ( 7 months on average) for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to process Form I-129F (technically called the “Petition for Alien Fiancé”), and an additional 4-6 weeks for the agency to send an interview request at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
How much does a fiance visa cost USA?
Fiancé visa cost: $2,025 The U.S. citizen partner completes the appropriate government form (I-129F – “petition for a K-1 Visa”), and mails it to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), along with the $535 filing fee.
Can I bring my fiance to USA?
If you are a U.S. citizen, you may bring your fiancé (e) to the United States to marry and live here, with a nonimmigrant visa for a fiancé (e) (K-1). An I-129F fiancé (e) petition is required. Learn more.
What are the income requirements for a fiance visa?
In dollars and cents, this means that you must have stable earnings of at least $16,910 per year for a two-person household (in 2019) to qualify as financial sponsor for a fiancé(e) visa petition, and you must have stable earnings of at least $21,137 per year for a two-person household to qualify as financial sponsor
Can you be denied a fiance visa?
Having Your Fiancé (e) Visa Denied is Common More than 35% of all K-1 category visa applicants had their applications rejected in 2017. This amounts to over 20,000 rejected visas. However, the high K-1 visa denial rate is not surprising. This is because it is a visa category that is at high risk of fraud.
What is faster fiance or marriage visa?
If your main goal is to get to the U.S. as quickly as possible, then the fiancé (e) visa is likely the fastest option. But if your goal is to get an actual green card as soon as possible, then a marriage -based visa will be quicker.
Can I bring my girlfriend to USA?
As a U.S. citizen, you can bring your girlfriend here on a fiancée or fiancé visa. The alternative is to marry her abroad and then petition for her to get an immigrant visa. If the U.S. consul grants the K-1 visa, your fiancée can travel to the U.S. for a 90-day stay. If you marry, she can apply for a green card.
Can I marry in US on tourist visa?
Can I Marry A US Citizen on A Tourist Visa? The short answer is: yes, you can get married in the US while on a B-1/B-2 tourist visa or on a visa waiver program. In fact, you are even allowed to come to the US as a visitor with the sole intention of getting married.
Do you have to be engaged to apply for a fiance visa?
No, you don’t need to show an engagement ring for you to be able to file a K1 visa petition for you fiance – You, however, need to show your intent to get married within 90 days of her admission into the United States.
Can I stay in America if I marry an American?
Once you marry, your spouse can apply for permanent residence and remain in the United States while we process the application. If you choose this method, file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). Filing instructions and forms are available on our Web site at www. uscis.
How can I marry a Filipino girl in USA?
If you are not yet married and your fiancé is still in the Philippines, you can, if you are a U.S. citizen, petition for him or her to enter the U.S. as a fiancé in order to get married in the U.S. —and then your new spouse can stay in the U.S. to apply for a green card, if desired.
Can you visit the US while waiting for a fiance visa?
You cannot reside in the United States on a B-2 tourist visa or on the Visa Waiver Program while waiting on a K1 fiancé visa or K3 spousal visa. However, you can make a temporary visit on those visas.
How do I apply for a fiance visa?
The First Step: Filing the Petition
- You, the U.S. citizen sponsor, must file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé (e), with the USCIS office that serves the area where you live.
- After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC).
What do I need to bring my fiance to USA?
5 Requirements to Qualify for a K-1 Fiancé Visa
- You (the sponsor) are a US citizen. Only US citizens may petition for a fiance visa.
- You have intent to marry. You must prove that you intend to marry your fiance within 90 days of their arrival to the United States.
- You’re both legally free to marry.
- You’ve physically met in person.
- You have enough income.
What do I need for a fiance visa?
The petitioner of a K-1 visa must:
- Be a United States Citizen. The U.S. petitioner must be able to prove he or she is a United States citizen.
- Be Legally Free to Marry.
- Intend to Marry Within 90 Days.
- Have Physically Met the Fiance Within 2 Years.
- Meet the Income Requirement.