Spouse/Dependent of a Japanese National (for stay of over 90 days up to three years)
- VISA APPLICATION FORM TO ENTER JAPAN (available here), completely filled out and signed by the applicant.
- One photograph (2″ x 2″) attached to application form.
- 1 How long does it take to get a Japanese Spouse visa?
- 2 Can I live in Japan if my wife is Japanese?
- 3 How long does it take for a Spouse visa to be approved?
- 4 What are the formalities for Spouse visa?
- 5 Can a spousal visa be denied?
- 6 Can a spouse visa be denied in Japan?
- 7 Can I work on a Japanese spouse visa?
- 8 Does marrying a Japanese person grant citizenship?
- 9 Is it easy to find a wife in Japan?
- 10 What happens after spouse visa is approved?
- 11 How long is spouse visa 2021?
- 12 What percentage of spouse visas are approved?
- 13 How can I apply for spouse immigration?
- 14 How much savings should I have for spouse visa?
How long does it take to get a Japanese Spouse visa?
Japan spouse visa application and required documents To give an example, the Embassy of Japan in the US states that spouse visa applications which have the certificate of eligibility will take about 4 days to process – those without the certificate already in place can take months³.
Can I live in Japan if my wife is Japanese?
If you are married to a Japanese national and want to live in Japan with him/her, you will need a visa for a Spouse or Child of a Japanese National. It is important that your marriage is legal in Japan. This means that you have lodged your marriage at a municipality office where you reside and it is accepted.
How long does it take for a Spouse visa to be approved?
The average processing time for a spouse visa application is 2 – 12 weeks from the date we submit the application to the UKBA. Processing times vary depending on the country where the application is made.
What are the formalities for Spouse visa?
- Passport & travel history.
- Background documentation.
- Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate.
- Other proof of relationship.
- Income proof of sponsor to show adequate finances.
- Completed application & consulate fees.
Can a spousal visa be denied?
It’s uncommon for U.S. immigration authorities to deny a case outright. But same-sex marriages now qualify noncitizens for immigration benefits (if they are legally recognized in the state or country where they occurred).
Can a spouse visa be denied in Japan?
“Income” is the point of visa examination for Japanese spouse, etc. This means that if the marriage of the two is not financially stable, it will be a public burden such as receiving welfare, and you cannot live a marriage as an independent couple, you will not be able to accept a visa.
Can I work on a Japanese spouse visa?
A job offer in Japan is required to successfully apply for most types of working visas. Permanent residents of Japan and spouse visa holders (i.e. those married to a Japanese national or permanent resident of Japan) are allowed to engage in any paid activity regardless of the professional field.
Does marrying a Japanese person grant citizenship?
Simply marrying a Japanese citizen does not automatically grant Japanese citizenship to a foreign national. Attaining Japanese citizenship must be done though the normal naturalization process. However, marrying a Japanese citizen does allow the foreign national to immediately obtain a spousal visa.
Is it easy to find a wife in Japan?
While living in Japan can make it easier to find a Japanese wife, there is a cultural boundary which increases difficulty with talking to strangers in Japan. And most Japanese ladies will consider men very strange if they just ask for a date in person, unless they know them very well.
What happens after spouse visa is approved?
You should also include documents to demonstrate your genuine and subsisting relationship. Once your spouse visa is approved you can live, work and study in the UK, and travel in and out of the U.K. throughout the visa duration. The visa is valid for 2 years and 9 months.
How long is spouse visa 2021?
Join family in the UK You should get a decision within 12 weeks once you attend your appointment at the visa application centre to, if you are applying to settle in the UK as the spouse, partner or family member of someone who has British citizenship or is settled in the UK.
What percentage of spouse visas are approved?
The first deals with the initial step in the process, the petition. In FY 2016, USCIS approved 90.5 percent of the petitions it received; then in FY 2017, which was mostly under the Trump administration, that figure fell to 66.2 percent.
How can I apply for spouse immigration?
File by Paper
- Read the instructions for Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative;
- Complete and sign Form I-130;
- Pay the filing fee, if applicable; and.
- Provide all required evidence and supporting documentation.
How much savings should I have for spouse visa?
To qualify for a spouse or partner visa by meeting the financial requirement on cash savings only, you need savings of at least £62,500. If you have less than £62,500 it may still be possible to use a combination of cash and income to meet the financial requirement, provided that the cash savings are over £16,000.