- 1 How long does it take to get a fiance visa?
- 2 How do I apply for a fiance visa?
- 3 What documents do I need for a fiance visa?
- 4 How much does it cost to get a fiance visa?
- 5 Can you be denied a fiance visa?
- 6 What is faster fiance or marriage visa?
- 7 Do you have to be engaged to apply for a fiance visa?
- 8 Can I sponsor my girlfriend to USA?
- 9 Can I bring my girlfriend to USA?
- 10 How do I prove my fiance visa?
- 11 What questions are asked in a fiance visa interview?
- 12 What documents do I need for K1 visa interview?
- 13 How much income do I need to sponsor my fiance?
- 14 Can I travel to us while waiting for k1 visa?
- 15 How can I bring my fiance to USA?
How long does it take to get a fiance visa?
K-1 Visa Timeline It takes 6-9 months ( 7 months on average) for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to process Form I-129F (technically called the “Petition for Alien Fiancé”), and an additional 4-6 weeks for the agency to send an interview request at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
How do I apply for a fiance visa?
5 Requirements to Qualify for a K-1 Fiancé Visa
- You (the sponsor) are a US citizen. Only US citizens may petition for a fiance visa.
- You have intent to marry. You must prove that you intend to marry your fiance within 90 days of their arrival to the United States.
- You’re both legally free to marry.
- You’ve physically met in person.
- You have enough income.
What documents do I need for a fiance visa?
Your fiancé petition will need to include the following: Proof of petitioner’s U.S. citizenship status. This might include a copy of a birth certificate, passport, certificate of naturalization, certificate of citizenship, or Form FS-20 (Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen).
How much does it cost to get a fiance visa?
Fiancé visa cost: $2,025 The U.S. citizen partner completes the appropriate government form (I-129F – “petition for a K-1 Visa”), and mails it to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), along with the $535 filing fee.
Can you be denied a fiance visa?
Having Your Fiancé (e) Visa Denied is Common More than 35% of all K-1 category visa applicants had their applications rejected in 2017. This amounts to over 20,000 rejected visas. However, the high K-1 visa denial rate is not surprising. This is because it is a visa category that is at high risk of fraud.
What is faster fiance or marriage visa?
If your main goal is to get to the U.S. as quickly as possible, then the fiancé (e) visa is likely the fastest option. But if your goal is to get an actual green card as soon as possible, then a marriage -based visa will be quicker.
Do you have to be engaged to apply for a fiance visa?
No, you don’t need to show an engagement ring for you to be able to file a K1 visa petition for you fiance – You, however, need to show your intent to get married within 90 days of her admission into the United States.
Can I sponsor my girlfriend to USA?
You cannot sponsor your significant other to live with you, only visit. At the moment there isn’t a unmarried partner visa available. Your partner should be your legal spouse or your fiancé. As a general rule you will have to complete a I-130 Form (Petition for Alien Relative).
Can I bring my girlfriend to USA?
As a U.S. citizen, you can bring your girlfriend here on a fiancée or fiancé visa. The alternative is to marry her abroad and then petition for her to get an immigrant visa. If the U.S. consul grants the K-1 visa, your fiancée can travel to the U.S. for a 90-day stay. If you marry, she can apply for a green card.
How do I prove my fiance visa?
This evidence includes boarding passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, restaurant receipts, store receipts, and other evidence of the time you spent with your fiance. The more evidence you provide, the better. Gather communication records. Gather a sample pf phone call records, text messages, emails, etc.
What questions are asked in a fiance visa interview?
K1 Visa Interview Questions
- What are your name and birthday?
- Where were you born?
- What is your nationality?
- Have you ever visited the United States before?
- Were you ever involved in marriage before?
- Do you have children? [If the answer is yes, then the children coming with you to the US will have to accompany you on the interview.]
What documents do I need for K1 visa interview?
When you attend the K-1 visa interview, it’s recommended that you take the following documents with you:
- DS-160 Confirmation.
- Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé
- Form I-797, Notice of Action (petition approval notice)
- Valid passport.
- Medical Examination.
- Form I-134, Affidavit of Support.
- Passport-style photos.
How much income do I need to sponsor my fiance?
In dollars and cents, this means that you must have stable earnings of at least $16,910 per year for a two-person household (in 2019) to qualify as financial sponsor for a fiancé (e) visa petition, and you must have stable earnings of at least $21,137 per year for a two-person household to qualify as financial sponsor
Can I travel to us while waiting for k1 visa?
Visiting After Receiving a K-1 Visa Once your I-129F is approved and you receive a K-1 visa, you won’t be able to come on temporary visits to the United States.
How can I bring my fiance to USA?
If you are a U.S. citizen who wants to bring your foreign fiancé (e) to the United States in order to get married, you will need to file a Form I-129F, Petition For Alien Fiancé (e). This is the first step to obtaining a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for your fiancé (e).