Visit the Royal Thai Embassy website for the most current visa information.
- U.S. citizen tourists entering Thailand for fewer than 30 days do not require a visa.
- We strongly recommend that your passport be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your arrival in Thailand to avoid possible denied entry.
- 1 How do I get a tourist visa for Thailand?
- 2 Can I get a 90 day tourist visa for Thailand?
- 3 How long can a US citizen stay in Thailand without a visa?
- 4 How much money do you need to enter Thailand?
- 5 Can I stay in Thailand for 1 year?
- 6 How long can a tourist stay in Thailand?
- 7 Is tourist visa open for Thailand?
- 8 How can I stay in Thailand for 6 months?
- 9 How can I stay in Thailand long term?
- 10 How much is a one year visa to Thailand?
- 11 Are tourist allowed in Thailand?
- 12 Is Thailand Open for Filipino tourist now?
- 13 How can I immigrate to Thailand?
How do I get a tourist visa for Thailand?
- Passport or travel document with a validity not less than 6 months.
- Visa application form (filled out)
- One(1) recent 4x6cm.
- Round-trip air ticket or e-ticket (paid in full)
- Proof of financial means (20,000 baht per person/40,000 baht per family)
- Proof of Hotel or private accommodation.
Can I get a 90 day tourist visa for Thailand?
The 90-Day Non-Immigrant visa is issued to foreigners who wish to enter Thailand for study, business, investment, retirement and other purposes. The holder of this visa is also given a period of 90 days stay inside Thailand and can be extended for 7 days.
How long can a US citizen stay in Thailand without a visa?
As one of the Countries listed for Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival, U.S. Passport Holders are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 30 days on each visit or 15-day stays if arriving by land-crossing.
How much money do you need to enter Thailand?
Most tourists come to Thailand and get a visa on arrival (technically a visa waiver) so will be required to hold 10,000 Baht. This money can be in an equivalent foriegn currency, but it must be in cash – no credit cards are accepted as proof of funds.
Can I stay in Thailand for 1 year?
Most people who come to Thailand want to extend stay. They may apply for an extension of stay for one year, but it must be for one of the following purposes: Business, Education, Marriage or Retirement. If you hold a tourist visa, you must first convert to a non-immigrant status before the long term extension of stay.
How long can a tourist stay in Thailand?
Tourist Visas The tourist visa must generally be used within 90 days from the date of issue and allows an initial stay of 60 days. After arrival in Thailand, a tourist visa may be extended at the discretion of an immigration officer once for an additional 30 days with the total period of stay no longer than 90 days.
Is tourist visa open for Thailand?
Thailand open for Indian tourists now, visa on arrival.
How can I stay in Thailand for 6 months?
Multiple Entry Tourist Visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue. You must enter Thailand within the validity of visa. Travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand not exceeding 60 days for each entry within the period of 6 months from the date of arrival in Thailand.
How can I stay in Thailand long term?
Thai Elite Visa is the only visa that allows foreigners to stay in Thailand for a very long period with lesser hassle than the other visas. Unlike other visas, it is the only visa that allows you to stay in the country without sorting out the formalities at the immigration office yourself every 90-day reporting.
How much is a one year visa to Thailand?
The visa fee is 2,000 Baht for single-entry with three-month validity and 5,000 Baht for multiple entries with one-year validity.
Are tourist allowed in Thailand?
On November 1, Thailand began allowing vaccinated international travelers who have resided in one of 63 countries and territories for at least 21 days to enter without having to enter into a lengthy quarantine. The full list can be found on the Tourism Authority of Thailand website.
Is Thailand Open for Filipino tourist now?
Passport holders from the Philippines may enter Thailand without a visa under the Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme. – Visa on Arrival (VOA) is no longer suspended from October 01, 2021 onwards.
How can I immigrate to Thailand?
How to Move to Thailand. Expats who want to move to Thailand will need to secure an appropriate visa from a Thai Embassy or Consulate before relocating to the country. For most expats over 50 years in age the best option is the Retirement Visa, which can be used for multiple entries over a one-year period.